NZCS invite members and friends to an evening with Matt and Chloe:
Join Matt and Chloe for a conversation about everything that you have never understood about the negotiating and contracting process and everything that you would like to have remembered to negotiate for but forgot to ask, because you weren't prepared to be your own agent.
Matt Emery specialises in advising producers on film and television productions and has extensive experience in structuring complex contracts. Chloe Smith is a member of the NZCS committee and has a background in production services to the film and television production industries. Together they will go over commonly asked questions and answer any other questions you may have for them too:
- Am I a cinematographer or a director of photography?
- What is the difference between a contract and an agreement?
- What does it mean if my credit is at the Producer's discretion?
- Are my hand drawn storyboards assigned to the Producer as intellectual property?
- If my weekly fee is a flat rate, when and if does extra time become applicable?
- What are back end entitlements and where do they sit in the recoupment waterfall?
- Why have I waived all of my moral rights?
- How do I ensure that all materials that I furnish are my own creation?
- When do I become legally responsible for damage to equipment that the Producer has
hired or leased?
Starting promptly at 7pm - 8:30pm, Tuesday 3rd July at the Horse & Trap
Free for NZCS members