The NZCS Cushla Lewis Gender Diversity Program, invites applications for a mid-career female cinematographer attachment on a large international TV series, currently shooting in Auckland.
The Attachment provides the opportunity to shadow the Director of Photography and experience first-hand aspects of the craft in pre-production planning, studio/location recces, and the on-set shooting process.
This will be a paid Attachment (details on request) for a maximum duration of fifteen days i.e. 5 days per week for a 3 week period, commencing Monday 19th April. Shooting is already underway and the dates of the specific days can be negotiated around what is suitable for the applicant, but also around what would be a beneficial learning experience.
This placement is intended for an Auckland based applicant or for a candidate who can self-accommodate. The selected candidate will be issued a standard contract by the Production and joins the payroll, per other contractors.
The aim of the Attachment is to:
• Up-skill a mid-career female cinematographer and empower with the confidence and ability to contribute to the cinematography of quality future television productions.
• Provide another training pathway to the limited opportunities currently available.
• Note: this is an observational mentorship program and not a creative input opportunity.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a member of the NZCS, and have industry experience in this chosen field.
- Have a track record of working as an up-and-coming cinematographer on short films, music videos, web series, or other genres.
- The applicant may possibly not yet have an exclusive career as a director of photography.
- Note that NZCS committee members will not be denied the opportunity to apply for this position, and will be judged on merit along with all other applicants in a transparent process.
Please submit the following in electronic form only (Word file or PDF) by 9am Tuesday, 6th April, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Gender Diversity Attachment' in the subject line:
- Your NZCS Membership Number
- A full CV and Filmography including links to your website, selected works or showreels.
- A reference (from a senior screen industry practitioner)
- A proposal (maximum of 1-page) outlining why you want to do the Attachment and what you look to achieve from the opportunity.
A shortlist will be developed from applicants and an interview (online or via phone call) will be required, at which time further details of the production itself will be provided.
The NZCS gratefully acknowledges the New Zealand Film Commission Capability Fund and participating Production Companies in supporting this program.
We look forward to your application.
NZCS Executive Officer