The NZCS is pleased to announce we have negotiated several mid-career cinematographer placements on an international feature based in Wellington.
The Attachments provide the opportunity to shadow the Director of Photography on set and experience advanced aspects of the craft including pre-production time where possible.
These will be paid Attachments for a maximum duration of 15 days each. The 1st placement is expected to commence in Wellington around 11th October 2021, although this is dependent upon the current Covid-19 lock-down status in Auckland and may get delayed. The 2nd three week placement will commence approximately 1st November, 2021, subject to the commencement dates of the shoot.
The placements are intended for Wellington locals or candidates who can relocate themselves and self-accommodate. The selected candidates will be issued a standard contract by the Production Company and will join the payroll, per other contractors.
The aim of the Attachment is to:
To provide an opportunity for a mid-career cinematographer to upskill their confidence and ability to produce high quality feature film cinematography, and to provide another training pathway to the limited opportunities currently available. This is not a creative input role, but will be a mentored position, closely shadowing the DP and key technicians at work, observing pre-production and the creative decision making process on set.
Note: Unlike previous NZCS attachments under the Cushla Lewis Gender Diversity Program, this particular opportunity is not limited to female applicants only, however the NZCS remains committed to a mandate to grow and diversify the pool of emerging cinematographers in New Zealand.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a member of the NZCS, and have industry experience in this chosen field.
- Have a track record of working as an up-and-coming cinematographer on short films, music videos, web series, or other genres. The applicant may not necessarily have an exclusive career as a Director of Photography.
Please submit the following in electronic form only (Word file or PDF) by 9am Thursday 23rd September, 2021 to email@example.com with 'Wellington Cinematographer Attachment - application' in the subject line:
- Your NZCS Membership Number
- A full CV and Filmography including links to your completed works
- A reference (from a senior screen industry practitioner)
- A proposal (maximum of 1-page) outlining why you want to do the Attachment and what you look to achieve from the opportunity.
A shortlist will be developed from applicants and an interview (in person or virtual) may be required, at which time further details of the production itself will be provided.
If the lockdown allows the above schedule, we will attempt to inform applicants of a decision by Thursday, Sept 30th, 2021.